Research Associate Medicinal Chemistry (m/f/d)
The Medicinal Chemistry Team in Pharma Research and Early Development, located in Basel, is part of Small Molecule Research. We are a community of drug-hunters with expertise in synthesis, design and purification, with a responsibility to convert hypotheses into innovative small molecules for treating diseases of high unmet medical need, closely collaborating with our broader therapeutic areas and functions. You will be part of a research project team carrying out synthetic laboratory work to support synthesis of molecules designed to address key hypotheses in drug development.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Devise and implement state of the art scientific research through conducting laboratory experiments. By designing, planning and executing multi-step organic synthesis and purification of high-quality target molecules for biological screening you maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
- Bring an already strong synthetic knowledge and look forward to keeping abreast of synthetic methodologies and technologies.
- Be a member of self-organizing teams as core elements of an agile environment able to quickly adapt, re-prioritize and pivot into new territories
- Embrace flexible ways of working and act collaboratively and decisively
- Propose and implement innovative and pragmatic solutions to technical problems
- Apprenticeship in a chemistry lab or a Bachelor or Master degree in chemistry
- 1-4 years lab experience in synthetic or organic chemistry lab
- Experience with small molecule synthesis and hands-on chemistry experimentation in the laboratory
- Written and oral fluency in English is mandatory; German or French language skills would be a plus
- Independence in the lab activities
- Curious and passionate about innovation
- Quick learner and adaptability to complex and evolving environments
- Ability to work successfully in both a team/matrix environment as well as independently
- Creativity, passion to learn and a willingness to grow
If you would like an insight into the detailed job description, we look forward to receiving your complete application documents by e-mail to Ms Nadine Rutz (email@example.com).
Roche Pharma Basel Chemie Implementierung Labor