Principal Scientist (m/f/d)
Principal Scientist (m/f/d) 100%
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Molecular & Cellular Sciences team within Biomarker Development and Translational Medicine of our client company. This team focuses on delivering fit for purpose integrated biomarkers leveraging diverse expertise and knowledge in immunology, genomics, protein and cellular biology and state of the art data sciences.
Their innovative spirit enables the development and application of cutting-edge technologies which address key clinical questions such as target engagement, defining disease stage or progression, predict the safety or efficacy of medication, select a group of patients who would benefit most from a given therapy, and identify additional clinical indications suitable for an innovative molecule.
As a Principal scientist within this team, you will work on the development of novel exploratory assays in the state-of-the-art laboratories, implement internal and external biomarker activities and interpret results to enable proof of mechanism, proof of biology, safety and efficacy understanding. As a cellular biomarker assay expert, you will be developing and validating innovative biomarker solutions implementing new methodologies and delivering high quality data to inform clinical trials.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Development and validation of cellular biomarker assays based on Flow Cytometry technology
- Implementation of validated biomarker assays in clinical studies
- Generate and interpret data to enable proof of mechanism, dose selection & proof of biology across early clinical programs and present results at internal meetings
- Providing subject matter expertise to transition, implement and monitor assay development and validation at CROs
- Ensuring quality and timely delivery of data generated through outsourced activities
- Empowered for experimental design, execution, interpretation and reporting (oral and written) of assigned projects under unbossed culture
- Contributing to write quality reports and laboratory manuals
- Cross training on a variety of biomarker modalities and technologies
- BS/MS degree in Biology, Immunology, Cell biology or a laboratory technician with experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Extensive understanding, knowledge and practical experience in FlowCytometry
- Analytical thinking, willingness to accept responsibility, and teamwork skills
- Experience working in a global organization and matrix-resourcing model
- Good Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Spotfire, GraphPad Prism)
- Good communication skills for oral and written in English
- Understanding of regulatory requirement relevant to Biomarker Development (e.g. GCLP, ICH)
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience in high dimensional Flow Cytometry is a plus
- The chance to get involved in one of the most successful pharmaceutical companies in the world
- Diverse and interesting job profile with possibility of growing and developing into further tasks and responsibilities
- Home-Office possibilities
- A partner at your side who focuses on honesty and quality
If you would like an insight into the detailed job description, we look forward to receiving your complete application documents by e-mail to Ms. Marica Hug (email@example.com).
Chemistry Chemie Pharma Basel Fulltime Vollzeit Scientific Associate Chief Scientist Lead Scientist NaturwissenschaftlerIn